Tuesday, March 18, 2008

There is still the quiet moment

"Worse than blindness is sight without vision." —Helen Keller
We see things not only as they are, but as we are. •  (Titus 1:15).
"It’s better to deserve honours and not to have them, than to have them and not deserve them." —Mark Twain
!cid_005601c872c3$75302da0$9614a8c0@server

So we strive to be the best we can be. But in who's eyes? This is for my friends and others who can take something from my contemplations and better still add to them so I can learn. We all make the mistake of viewing people and events in our own skewed perspective. My thought is that although it takes away, this virus that we suffer of also has brought out just as much. We have been given a perfect excuse to lash out and also to not think before we do. I do it, you all do it. We have allowed it to become a habit.
"Wise are those who look at others with the same generosity they offer themselves, and who look at themselves with the same critical eye they have for others."
Yes, a quote, some words better said than I could. I take from them and give them to you to think on.
"Use things and love people. Don’t use people and love things."Very true isn't it.
My favourite and I'm unable to quote directly is..."even lemmings have got a leader" , "do you look and still leap or do you trust and leap anyway."
We can learn more from our critics than our admirers. • One group tells us how wonderful we are. The other tells us the truth (Proverbs 27:6; Psalm 141:5). Good words even though I am not Christian in belief.
The box of a clockwork toy made in Hong Kong:
GUARANTEED TO WORK THROUGHOUT ITS USEFUL LIFE. and I guess that is us.
Just a little humour, too wake you up.....
One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken
Little to her class. She came to the part of the story where Chicken Little tried to warn the farmer. She read, '.... and so Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, 'The sky is falling, the sky is falling!'
The teacher paused then asked the class, 'And what do you think that farmer said?'
One little girl raised her hand and said, 'I think he said:
'Holy Sh.t! A talking chicken
If you can't laugh at life then you aren't living it. You are surviving it. Laugh my friends don't fight we are unloved enough that we don't need to build on it. CG, cee gee, repere, Colin g or just myself Colin. Thinking of you all and wishing that I could heal the world, but guess what we (alles) could together. Now I'm feeling maudlin and tearfully snotty.

1 comment:

minerva said...

Love your Blog Col, the way you think/understand things.

Thanks for being a good friend. :)

Regards to T and family.

Heather
xxx