Sunday, March 30, 2008

A moment in a day

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.     Everyone knows how many seeds are in an apple, but only the creator knows how many apples are in a seed.
For me criticism is the building blocks of life. I can't just merrily go stepping along the path without some guidance. If I've lost direction or taken the wrong path it is better to find out during the journey',than at it's end. I fully intend to take the scenic route, little journeys off the path is allowed and welcomed. You can see in life what you have got, but if you don't make use of it you don't know what could be. To accumulate things and not memories cannot be all what life's about . I feel that what I am is inside with me, that goes with me always, the rubble of possessions is easily removed by others and is left behind when I pass.
Today was on the most part a good day. Still sick ,retaining fluids and in pain I went and cooked for 60 people at a church fete. My wife's church, I am not Christian, good deeds knows no religious dictates. The people enjoyed the food , alas I had to leave , the day was to hot and I am not strong enough, so after I cooked I cut and showered at home ,then slept for 2 hours. It is I'm afraid ,my deteriorating liver. Your liver change the sugars from your food into the sugars and proteins that your body can use as fuel. Mine, at times doesn't and the energy I need get's stored directly as fat, I run out of energy and basically run to a stop. That is what happened today, also ,as fat as I am, I forget to eat, Mae culpa, I never ate this morning. Strange that I can run myself down so fast but to put it back it takes much longer.

No comments: